“Getting a quality website is not an expense, but rather an investment” – this Christopher Dayagdag quote has wonderfully summed up the significance of website development for scaling up your business. A Framework is one of those features, which is integrally related to your website. The aftermath of building a website on a fragile framework can make disastrous impacts on your user-experience. Well, this is where the importance of choosing a right framework for web development comes into play. Among numerous frameworks claiming to fame, Symfony and Laravel have stood out undoubtedly. Since both the frameworks offer benefits galore, zeroing in on any of them could be a difficult choice to make. Do not give these following tips a miss, if you are keen to stir clear of your confusion.
An introduction to Laravel
Widely known as the “PHP framework for web artisans”, Laravel is actually meant for developing MVC based applications. Offering truckloads of impeccable features, Laravel has emerged as one of the finest PHP frameworks. It is amongst the most widely used PHP frameworks that come with several benefits like packages for extending framework functionality, loads of learning resources, satisfactory unit-testing, etc. Here are some of the important features of Laravel framework -
1. Laravel does not look for manual maintenance and inclusion of paths, courtesy its auto-loading facility. This apart, it also helps in generating new tools with help of an IoC container.
2. When jotting down the advantages of Laravel framework, its ready-to-use inbuilt authentication facility cannot afford a skip. Authentication is an imperative aspect of a website development project. Minimizing the authentication process of a website, it has earned a huge deal of trust and appreciation in the field of web development.
3. Until the advent of Laravel, developers used to declare application events as a string. However, now the developers can declare new events in the application, thanks to the ‘event object” offered by Laravel.
An overview of Symfony
As a PHP framework, Symfony can yield impeccable results while working on large-scale or complex projects of website development. As a concoction of different reusable PHP components,
Symfony will enable the developer to create scalable and high-performance applications. One of the most appreciable aspects about Symfony is that it can work exceptionally well with some of the largest open-source platforms, naming, PHPBB, Drupal, Piwik, etc. Some of the biggest advantages of Symfony are queued up below -
1. Symfony ensures high scalability by optimizing propels, limiting the number of objects to hydrate, and decreasing the number of queries with joins.
2. When utilized properly, it can work a lot faster than any other PHP frameworks. If implemented in a right way, its can be equivalent to the sum of the individual speed of each of the features incorporated in it.
3. Minimizing overhead costs, Symfony can also provide reusable components.
4. As a component-based framework, it can offer extensive modularity.
In order to make a mark in the over-demanding field of website development, you should ensure that your website complies with the right PHP framework. It is difficult to choose any one between Laravel and Symfony. Symfony should top your priority list if you are building a complex enterprise application. However, Laravel can always be a better choice, as it is easy to learn and also has a less complicated syntax and s better learning materials. Moreover, if you are setting out for a startup project, Laravel can help you garner the desired results. So, go for Laravel. Break a leg!